Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Additions :-)

I went to the homegarden expo at Nambour on Friday! OMG what a fantastic set up. It was the first time I had ever been and I was overwhelmed by the size and range of things to see and buy.
I ended up with a dwarf olive tree, granny smith apple, red cabbage and cauliflower seedlings, yellow passionfruit vine and a mushroom kit. I dreamed of a native bee hive, but at $360 I will be content with the ones that visit me for free.

I enjoyed four different talks and demonstrations and loved being with like minded people. As Jerry Coleby-Williams said he was preaching to the converted, so his talk was very informative and educational for gardeners with established plots.

All of the above mentioned plants went in the garden this morning along with chokos and more carrots. Recent additons last week were pineapple, zucchini, celery and bok choy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your haul from the show..i will be going again next year with bigger bags

julie

Paula... said...

Sounds like you had a great day and came home with plenty of goodies. I think you've found your calling in life :)