Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Happening!!

I posted earlier that I had visions of wandering up the yard basket in hand, overflowing with home grown produce like I'd just been to a farmers market. Well it is happening!
I am so happy!!
Almost all meals have at least 2 or 3 veges picked that afternoon. We are enjoying broccoli, beans, snow peas, potatoes, carrots, bok choy, lettuce, radish and tomatoes. The first crop of zucchini will be ready by the end of the week.
I have a different variety of zucchini in the seed raiser along with yellow button squash, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, rockmelon and watermelon and sunflowers (for George!)
The corn is in the ground as are the next crop of radish and carrot. I am going to try my hand at late season potatoes, I need to get a wriggle on with that! The mushroom kit is supplying nice big mushies and the olive tree is flowering :-) Some of the bigger garlic will be ready in Sept / Oct... so very interested to see how it went.

No comments: