Sunday, August 5, 2007

100 Years


Joey's, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers for as far as the eye can see! What a fantastic day, I hope the girls remember it for a long long time
:-)

I got a bit teary as we made our way through the city, so many people cheering and waving and so proud that my girls were a part of it. Being scouts has been nothing but positive and rewarding, confidence building and just plain good fun for my girls.

Dave even managed to get himself on the Channel Nine news report as he walked by. That was a buzz for us all! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel ally, my boys did scouts for 7 years and also was a leader my self for 3 years - it is a very rewarding and fun past time.....

Susan C said...

I was a Guide, Ranger Guide and Ranger, then went on to be a leader for almost 10 years. I had so much fun and learned heaps about my self. So I know a little about what you are feeling.

Anonymous said...

I was a Brownie, Guide, Pack Guide, A Junior Leader (with the Brownies) and then an Assistant Leader (with the same Brownies I had attended as a young girl - even with the same 'Brown Owl' too! There are certainly some fond memories from those times!