Saturday, July 28, 2007

RIP "yes"

Has anyone else noticed the death of a very dear friend? It was often the friend that found us taking on much more than we intended or needed, but 'yes' has been killed off. Instead we now have the 2006 /07 buzz word ...... 'absolutley' !?
It's on the morning TV, it's on midday TV, it's in everyday life and phone conversations! It has taken over as the preferred reply to all statements!
I wish I had never noticed it, because now I hear it everywhere. Bring back plain old yes or OK...........please!

Absolutely I hear you answer..........arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutly understand what you are saying.....

oh and thanks for drinkies the other night - it was nice and peaceful..

Susan C said...

I totally agree with your statement.

Elie Smith said...

I agree Allywith what you are talking about Elie