Monday, May 24, 2010

Back with a different twist

I have been having so much fun in the garden, I decided to re-hash my blog and turn it into one with a gardening twist. Vege gardening to be exact, and if all goes to plan I should be able to add some recipes as well.

We are on half an acre, but the whole lot is not vege garden (although the way I am going it could happen!) I have managed to get quite a variety growing... ready?

Strawberries, beans, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, button squash, snow peas, shallots, garlic, capsicum, tomatoes, pumpkin, sweet potato, 3 x potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, rocket, beetroot, brown onions, purple onions, chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, did I mention tomatoes?? oh the chooks give us four fat brown eggs every day.

While all of this is growing at the same time, a lot are still seedlings, we have been enjoying continuous beans and tomatoes, and of course the eggs. Also the sweet potato gives a nice suprise every few weeks and there is still pumpkins from the old vine (now composted).

I don't know that I will post every day but I will surely try. I hope someone will enjoy this journey with me :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love a good recipe !!!
your veggie patch sounds amazing !
Trish

Anonymous said...

love a good recipe !!!
your veggie patch sounds amazing !
Trish