Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tonight's dinner compliments of .....



...... the vege garden! Yay!! I'm thinking a vege curry. There are heaps more eggplant, but the peas are just about done. The snow peas didn't do much either, but the purple beans liked that trellis so will plant them there again. I am particularly proud of the onion. They take such a long time to grow and we use so many of them, you would think it would be easier to just buy them and not worry, but that doesn't work for me. I want to grow as much as I can and this one will taste much better and be much fresher. The carrots were from a rainbow mix, but orange seems to be the norm for carrots around here. The one on the bottom is lighter than the other two.

The chooks are obviously on a roster system and today 3 had an RDO. The passionfruit vine has produced a bumper crop and we had a steady supply all through winter, it is starting to dwindle now and I guess it will start to flower and the process starts again.

No comments: